3:00 pm — 4:30 pm
The webinar will be held online via ZOOM. Can’t access ZOOM? Join by phone. Zoom meeting times and event details will be shared upon registration.
Presented by NCJW Sacramento and Congregation B’nai Israel’s Racial Justice Committee
Recognizing the public’s demand for zero tolerance of police brutality and racism, Sacramento’s Mayor, the City Council and the California State Assembly are addressing creative proposals for enhancing public safety and reforming policing practices in our community.
Learn about these important proposals, including:
• Limiting police use of lethal force and training officers in how to de-escalate violent situations.
• Creating a new Inspector General position to examine police shootings, use of force incidents, and recommending discipline when appropriate.
• Expanding the scope of the Sacramento Community Police Review Commission to provide a stronger role in overseeing police reform and discipline.
• Transferring millions of dollars of city funds to create alternative ways to handle 911 calls that involve mental health, homeless issues or domestic disputes.
• State Assembly member Kevin McCarty, District 7
• Sacramento City Council Member Allen Warren, District 2
• Mario Guerrero, Chair, Sacramento Community Police Review Commission
Find out how you can make a difference and support policing reforms.
Actions can make change happen.
Contact Bobi Gould for more information.
Registration information will be available soon.