2:00 pm — 4:00 pm
Congregation B'nai Israel Courtyard
NCJW Sacramento will hold its first gathering of 5782 (2021-2022)
Let’s Greet, Meet, and Hit the Street –
Together, we’ll create the (advocacy and service) heat
that brings positive change to our (Sacramento) beat!
Where: Congregation B’nai Israel outdoor courtyard
When: Sunday, October 31st, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
What: NCJW Sacramento Opening Meeting for 2021-2022
- No tricks; just great treats
- Information on how together, we can make a difference in the coming year
- Bring a fall themed photo (e.g. you in a Halloween costume, kids’ back to school picture, baking/eating apple pie) on your phone or via hard copy. Alternatively, bring an item that reminds you of fall.
- To keep our space COVID-19 safe for each other; only those with COVID-19 vaccinations may attend
- RSVP by October 28, 2021: https://forms.gle/yzi7WBCTx4axPqZm8; space is limited.
Let’s keep making a difference in the lives of women, children and families! Bring donations for Leataata Floyd (formerly Jedediah Smith) Elementary School.
The Leataata Floyd neighborhood is the oldest and largest public housing in Sacramento, with an average household income of $14,000/year. It is located just south of Broadway, near 3rd Street. Leataata Floyd Elementary School is central to the neighborhood and serves the entire community, in partnership with Mercy Housing. 99% of the Leataata Floyd (LF) Elementary School students are socioeconomically disadvantaged. The school nurse is in constant need of supplies to support the 330+ students enrolled at the school. We’re collecting:
- ice packs
- ace bandages
- sandwich baggies
- Financial donations toward an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Trainer – Click here to make an online donation: https://donorbox.org/opening-meeting-2021 OR bring a check to the Opening Meeting made out to NCJW Sacramento with Leataata Floyd in the memo.